Saturday, May 12, 2012

Daily Life as a Discipleship Student

Just FYI (for y'alls information hahaha) I thought I share what my weekly schedule is like. Our weekly itinerary changes shape frequently, so más o menos:

Monday
8am: Corporate (campus-wide) Worship at Ohana Court. Live band, hundreds of people of all ages and colors and languages (english and korean lyrics).
9am: (or as close to it as we finish with Ohana Ct) Class. This week was taught by Daddy von Hamp i.e. the dad of (one of) my staff leader Jillian for my outreach to GREECE!! The theme of the week was The Father's Heart. What a big and beautiful thing it is that the God of the WORLD wants to be the best daddy I could ever want.
15 minute break: usually a nap on our sofa cushions, run to my room for water, chapstick or the like, or a delicious snack or cup of coffee.
More class: usually involves lots of tears, things are just so clear and important and moving and healing; it comes with the territory. I cried daily the first couple weeks from the incredible whelming of God and His plans and purposes and His character. I'll get to more of that later.
12 noon: LUNCH. A random assortment of things you'd imagine at any cafeteria providing meals for upwards of 300 people.
1:15pm : Media Class with none other than our school founder of PhotogenX Susanne Childers. This week was a refresher on the basics of ISO, aperture, and shutter speed that we had already been taught by our fearless and hilarious staffer José. Its great to get retaught on such vital basics from another angle.
3:00 pm  Everyday this means its Work Duty time! I work in the maintenance and building project group: woodshop construction, junkyard recycling, furniture moving, oil-drum-unloading kind of things. It must be a genetic attraction, I am such a greasemonkey like brother and daddy.
5:00pm Dinner. Again, think feeding the masses: salad and rolls, rice, beans, stir frys, pastas, pork loin once!
6:30pm -8/830pm Ministry Night. This is a time to worship and bring your heart to Jesus' presence. Its always high energy and when I don't have a lot of that I can go up to the balcony and sit on the tiered floor and still see all the action. I still pray and sing and listen to the Lord, i just get to do it sitting down muahaha.

So thats just Monday!! I'm realizing if I outline each day, hardly anyone is actually going to keep reading. Thus, I will tell you what fluctuates throughout the week:

Tues and Thursday: Intercession prayer.  For 1 hour in the morning we pray against injustice and we call on the authority and truth and dreams of God's heart to spiritually fight against things the enemy thinks he can get away with: For protection and efficacy in celebrity Christian athletes like Tim Tebow and Jeremy Lin; for the Aids/HIV epidemic in Africa, India and China; Orphans of Africa and for changes in adoption logistics; things of global proportions basically.

Thursday Night: Ohana Court. Ohana Court is a location on campus, but we use it as a proper noun for our Thursday night, open-to-the-public church service. Its awesome. International guest speakers, usually from other Christian organizations like More Than Sport (morethansport.com) and Campus Crusade for Christ and other YWAM bases etc come to tell us what God is doing in other nations and in other groups. LEGIT.

Wednesday(night): there's volleyball games!! woot!

Friday: We take the morning or at least a portion of it to highlight things of the week's discipleship/lecture portion.

Then, I'm usually ready to sleep my body into restfulness early in the evening. But instead I write blogs like this and chat with great friends and try to upload photos without success for the 6th time this week.

Just a taste of my schedule and intense discipleship!!

<3 B

No comments:

Post a Comment