Tuesday, February 7, 2012

So tonight I went back to Eagle's Nest, my hometown/high school's youth group for the second time since, well, like 2009. The group was larger tonight and the message was about the absolution of God's word, His distinguishment (my own word) between right and wrong. It felt so good to feel confident and sure about what the Pastor was saying and it was even more glorious to have scripture come to mind to help fortify some of the allowances or acknowledgments of the difficulties of applying it all.

Yes, it sure is a struggle and challenge to stay close to God's truths and to live them out when you feel the flow of the crowd around you passing you by
without even acknowledging you, let alone your ambition to do what is true, lovely, or kind. But as it says in Romans 12:2, you should "not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may discern what is the good, pleasing and perfect will of God." Might I mention, this is a daily task, a necessity.

So I'm trying to plan out what to talk about next Monday. I really want to inspire them and paint a personal, but true, always true, picture of the God I have come to know. God really revealed a very different side to Him compared to how I had kept Him in my mind. (What was it like, you wonder? You'll have to wait and see!...or read my previous post :)

I want it to be infused with scripture, so I'll be hunting all week! But I also want it to be interactive and thought provoking. I'm such a teacher. So I think I need some supplies. Something they can keep is always fun, but not something junky because then it will just get thrown away.



Opening line: "What is your biggest, most outrageous dream? Write it down (please)." Then, I choose victimas!! I want them to really think about what they want to do with their lives, does it involve serving God? Is it truly a desire of theirs, something they want so bad they're afraid to reach for? Have they prayed about it?

Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your ♥

Notes:
Not everyone gets to be a firefighter or a doctor or astronaut. I have two theories on why: either it is because God has/had a better plan meant to fulfill and enrich His kindgom, or you didn't try hard enough, you didn't want it bad enough.
Personal responsibility for your dreams: doing the legwork, praying, seeking God's will (He ultimately chooses, plans)

WILL CONTINUE LATER: I'm definitely going to regret the lack of sleep for tomorrow.

<3 bee

1 comment:

  1. Personal responsibility for one's dreams...well put.

    ReplyDelete